The Good Bowl Charity Model
Since day one making an impact and contributing to local, national and global nonprofits has been part of The Good Bowl’s DNA via our $1 per bowl donation to charities program. The recipient organizations are nonprofits rooted in humanitarian and environmental efforts are selected by our guests and employees and rotate each quarter.
Since our launch in July 2018, The Good Bowl has donated a total of $50,000 to 15 local, national and global nonprofits.
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, we are pivoting our current charity model to solely focus all giving efforts on supporting workers from Traverse City restaurants, bars and hotels who’ve lost their jobs or are struggling financially due to COVID-19. Please see details of new relief program below.
The Good Bowl Hospitality Relief
Due to the unprecedented crisis and devastating impact of COVID-19 we are pivoting our charity model to solely focus all giving efforts on supporting workers from Traverse City restaurants, bars and hotels who’ve lost their jobs or are struggling financially due to the Coronavirus through The Good Bowl Hospitality Relief fund.
With support from the Traverse City Downtown Development Authority and The Ticker/Northern Express, the program will provide gift cards to individuals seeking immediate financial support for day-to-day living expenses such as gas or groceries. The one-time individual gifts are meant to offer a lifeline to those most in need and will be disbursed on a weekly basis.
How do I apply for support for gas and groceries from this relief program?
Individuals in the hospitality and service industry who have been employed by a Traverse City restaurant, bar or hotel in 2020 can apply for gift cards to pay for gas and groceries via submitting their requests in 300 words or less to email@example.com.
Please do not call in requests as we are limited in staff to ensure health and safety of our employees during the COVID-19 impact.
The management team at The Good Bowl will review requests each week and fulfill as many needs as the weekly donation contributions will allow.
How do I support The Good Bowl Hospitality Relief Fund?
There are five key ways you can support us to provide immediate assistance to the hospitality industry:
1. Just by ordering one of our signature bowls you will help contribute to the fund through our $1 per bowl donated to charity model
2. Monetary donations can be made via our online ordering page on our website
3. Donations can be made to The Good Bowl Hospitality Relief GoFundMe page to assist us in sustaining the program through the coming months https://www.gofundme.com/f/the-good-bowl-hospitality-relief
4. Purchase one of our “We Will Carry On” totes for $12 on our online ordering site with all proceeds to benefit the relief fund
5. The old school way – write a check to The Good Bowl and indicate The Good Bowl Hospitality Relief in the notes section